Selective neurolysis is a groundbreaking smile reanimation surgery pioneered by Dr. Babak Azizzadeh, a globally recognized facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon.
What Makes Selective Neurolysis Different from Other Smile Reanimation Surgeries?
- Selective neurolysis is the first permanent treatment for individuals who do not recover from Bell’s palsy, Ramsay Hunt syndrome and other forms of facial paralysis.
- Selective neurolysis helps a facial paralysis patient achieve a natural-looking smile — something that is exceedingly difficult with comparable facial paralysis treatments.
- Selective neurolysis helps facial paralysis patients simultaneously improve their non-verbal communication skills and quality of life.
- Selective neurolysis is performed exclusively by Dr. Azizzadeh, a Harvard-trained and dual board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon with many years of industry experience.
Selective Neurolysis Benefits
- Enhanced facial symmetry
- Improved facial muscle coordination
- Less functional tightness in the face
- Restoration of a dynamic smile
What to Expect During a Selective Neurolysis Procedure
- The facial nerves are mapped out via intraoperative electromyography (EMG).
- The platysma muscle is released; for facial paralysis patients, the platysma muscle pulls the corner of the mouth down and makes it difficult to smile.
- Facial nerve activity is reduced; this activity otherwise pulls the mouth downward.
- The facial nerves’ buccal branch is rerouted to the zygomatic branch or muscle; this improves facial nerve signals required to produce a dynamic smile.
Are You a Candidate for Selective Neurolysis?
- Dr. Azizzadeh requests a consultation to determine if a facial paralysis patient qualifies for selective neurolysis.
- Dr. Azizzadeh evaluates a patient’s facial paralysis symptoms, along with his or her medical history.
- Dr. Azizzadeh explores all facial paralysis treatment options with each of his patients.
- Dr. Azizzadeh sometimes recommends selective neurolysis be performed in combination with other facial rejuvenation procedures.
Why Should You Choose Dr. Azizzadeh for Selective Neurolysis?
- Custom treatment plan for each patient
- Long-lasting treatment results
- Revolutionary surgical technique
- Exceptional industry expertise
- Unprecedented facial reanimation
Schedule a Selective Neurolysis Treatment Consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh
Dr. Azizzadeh is happy to meet with a facial paralysis patient to discuss selective neurolysis and other facial rejuvenation treatments. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh, please call The Facial Paralysis Institute at (310) 657-2203.
Request your consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh today
Call us at (310) 657-2203 to schedule an appointment.Schedule a Consultation